Prebiotics can be defined as substances which are non-digestible in nature and provide a useful physiological effect on the host body by acting as a stimulating agent which favors the growth of a controlled number of bacteria present inside intestines. Prebiotics are added to foods & beverages, beauty products as well as in ingestible metals to improve overall health. The prebiotics market finds direct linkages with the physio and pharmaceutical sectors. Entrepreneurs across the globe are penetrating the market of prebiotics which in turn makes it a fast-growing industry in developing and developed nations.
General Overview Of The Prebiotics Market And It’s Business Opportunities
- There is a rise in consumer awareness towards having a healthy lifestyle and diet in consumers across the globe. A large number of consumers are including protein and other nutritional substances to their diet in order to boost their physiological regulation and health.
- A significant share of the world’s population is aging and there is a rise in the number of doctors who are recommending the use of prebiotics in the diet of aging people. This is also boosting the demand for prebiotic-rich edibles.
- Entrepreneurs who deal with products related to hospitality, gastroenterologists and para-medical professionals are engaging in the active involvement in the manufacturing and supply chain processes.
- The prebiotics industry is generating a large amount of revenue from innovative packaging, marketing over online platforms, OTT (Over The Counter) marketing, as well as digital marketing.
Geographical Analysis Of The Prebiotics Market
- As per geographical segmentation, the region of Asia Pacific is witnessing a significant double-digit CAGR which is expected to increase in coming years. This is because the demand is fostered by countries such as Japan, China, and India which are experiencing a rise in population and demand for dairy products. People are switching to sedentary lifestyles which are making them opt for healthier food choices.
- Major players in the market include Frieslandcampina, Yakult, Dupont, Ingredion, and Royal Cosun to name a few.
- The European market is similarly experiencing this paradigm shift among the consumers. The products there are getting diversified with an increase in the significance of prebiotic-rich substances. Regions of North America are foreseen to witness a growth rate in the subsequent decade. According to experts, an increase in the incidences of diseases like BSE, PEDv, and swine flu have further convinced a wide number of Americans to buy prebiotics. In North America, a lot of people are encouraged to feed their cattle with prebiotics to help them yield more milk which is also nutrient rich.
The number of entrepreneurs investing in the prebiotics market is significantly increasing in countries such as China, Brazil, and Argentina due to a rise in demand and consumption of dietary supplements. According to market analysis, there is a rise in demand for meat and dietary products in regions of Latin America (Brazil, Chile, and Argentina), which are playing an active role in helping more and more people opt for businesses in the prebiotic market.